Ethiopia Kicks Off Scaling Solar Round 2
On April 16, 2019, Ethiopia’s Public-Private Partnerships Directorate General (PPP-DG) within the Ministry of Finance, formally initiated its Scaling Solar Round 2 tender by issuing a Request for Pre-Qualification (RFQ) for up to 500 MW of solar photovoltaic energy projects. Following this announcement, the PPP-DG expanded the RFQ from four to six projects with a total capacity of up to 750MW. In addition to the Weranso, Welenchiti, Humera, and Mekele sites announced on April 16, two more sites in Metema / Bahir Dar and Hurso were added.
All interested parties are invited to:
- Register with the Office of the PPP-DG in-person or virtually and purchase the RFQ document for a non-refundable fee of ETB 10,000 or equivalent amount of any convertible currency. Deposits should be made to the Commercial Bank of Ethiopia, Account Name: MoFEC Acc. No: 1000003784847, SWIFT Code CBETETAA.
- For in-person registration, the bank receipt of the deposit must be submitted to the Finance and Procurement Directorate of the Ministry of Finance (MoF-Main Building, Office Number 119) to collect the RFQ document from the PPP-DG up to two weeks before the submission deadline.
- For virtual registration, please contact the PPP-DG via firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com for an electronic registration form. Payment for the RFQ document may be submitted by bank or wire transfer.
- Once the PPP-DG confirms registration and payment, interested parties will receive access to a virtual data room via an email with the login information. The data room will contain the RFQ document and a Q&A functionality where questions can be raised prior to the Clarification Request Deadline on May 14, 2019. Response(s) will be uploaded to the data room in one or more batches and without identifying the source of the original request(s).
- All applications need to be submitted by July 9, 2019 at 4:00 PM Ethiopia time.